I am writing to you, dear readers, from one of the many Manhattan Court House waiting rooms. No, I’m not up for trial. I’m serving Jury Duty! Albeit insanely boring for most, I get to plan ahead for my blog and do some work that I’ve gotten behind on (thank goodness for the free Wi-Fi!). I loaded up my tote this morning with some healthy snacks and wanted to share them with you.
My friends are constantly asking me for healthy alternatives for sweet cravings or long road trips. Here is my list of favorites. Don’t judge the kiddie Clif snacks. They taste like candy but are made with fruit juice and no added sugar!
1. Organic Avenue Green LOVE Juice
2. Carrot sticks
3. Justin’s Almond butter packets. Perfect for one perfect. I eat this with apples, crackers, or carrots.
4. A gala apple- forever a classic snack!
5. Clif Kid Twisted Fruit Twists- don’t knock ‘em til you try ‘em.
6. Hint Water- they make drinking water a gourmet experience
7. Homemade trail mix- I use peanuts, almonds, dried cranberries, and shredded coconut
8. SuperFood Slam Pro-Bars- Delicious and full of superfoods and greens
9. Danielle’s Coconut Chips- For dessert. They do have added sugar but once in a while it’s ok to splurge