Springtime always brings me a feeling of urgency that I need to make changes in all areas of my life. I know its coming when I start to spring clean my closet, a ritual that sparks all sorts of ideas for change around the home.
I have so many things that I want to accomplish this spring but it’s hard to keep track of them all. I write daily and weekly to do lists but the bigger, harder-to-do items always seem to get pushed. So this week I wrote a spring seasonal to-do list and figured I might as well share it with you. I’m hoping that posting my spring goals on the internet will help me to hold myself more accountable!
1. Cleanse my body. Once every quarter, I do a juice cleanse. It makes me feel alive, awake, and clean. I’m so excited to start a 3 day juice/raw food cleanse with Oragnic Avenue (Love Fast) on Sunday. I’ve done pretty much every juice cleanse under the sun and Organic Avenue always comes in first on my list. The juices aren’t as sweet and I love the idea of having a raw salad at night so it doesn’t feel as much like deprivation.
2. Take steps towards becoming a good sleeper. As I’ve mentioned before, sleep and I don’t get along very well. I’ve struggled with Insomnia for my entire life. I’ve learned a lot along the way but I’m super high anxiety and high maintenance when I think about having to sleep for the night (Read my 5 tips for a better night sleep). I’m working now with an amazing hypnotherapist who has, in 3 weeks, helped me more than any other doctor, medicine, herb, or ritual that I have. My goal is to make a big leap in my sleeping patterns by summer.
3. Meditate. Every day. I’ve been wanting to add a daily morning meditation practice to my mornings. I’ve put together a short 5-10 minute meditation that I started doing this morning in place of my morning social media viewing frenzy. My meditation grounds me, makes me grateful, and helps me set an intention for the day.
4. Kick my nasty habits. I have the grossest habit where I bite my hangnails. I do it when I’m nervous and/or bored and not only do my manicure ladies (and my dad) yell at me, but it hurts and is so rude! I’m going to kick this habit by donating a dollar to Charity: Water every time I catch myself doing it this spring.
5. Stop caring so fucking much. I have this problem where everything affects me more than the average person. Someone looks at me funny or says something that rubs me the wrong way, and I obsess over it for days. Literally. I’m working with my health coach on getting over the anxieties that I have around what other people think of me. The meditation is part of that but it also involves me digging deep to figure out where it comes from and why I’m really upset, taking lots of deep breaths, and journaling when I have an issue.
6. Buy bathing suits that I actually like for the summer. Bathing suit shopping has always been a pain point for me. I can never find ones that are super cute and comfortable. Here is my current wish list: