You might be clicking into this post thinking it’s a joke, and TBH I probably would too if it wasn’t me posting it. However, I saw a recipe for carrot margaritas on Pinterest and had to try them. I mean how intriguing, right?
Anel grows a ton of carrots in the garden and I have a weird affinity for carrot juice (it started during my pregnancies) so gave it a try half as a joke and ended up…. really liking it. I know it’s bizarre but you kind of just have to trust me on this. You’re probably clicking away and thinking I’m an absolute sociopath but try it before you do!
Drinking a carrot margarita feels like you’re doing something healthy while also imbibing tequila. As if they cancel each other out (they don’t).
But health benefits aside, they would be perfect for an Easter lunch or brunch and bring lots of color to a spring tablescape. We couldn’t stop laughing as we were making them so I shared a little Reel of the process.
– 4 oz, fresh carrot juice (I buy it from Trader Joe’s)
– 1 oz, fresh OJ
– 2 oz, Blanco tequila
– 1/2 oz, Cointreau
– Squeeze of fresh lime juice
1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until combined
2. Salt the rim of a glass by using a lime wedge and dipping the rim into a plate of salt.
3. Pour the chilled cocktail over ice.
4. Garnish with a lime wedge.
5. Enjoy (responsibly)!
Photos by Julia Dags.