Holiday party time is in full swing, people. And I’m already running out of outfits! My go-to is usually black pants with pumps and a plaid shirt (plus necklace obvs). I’m kind of over that so thought I’d come up with something a little more creative for today’s post.
Turtlenecks like this one aren’t going away anytime soon and they’re just as cute tucked into a high-wasted skirt as they are with jeans and boots.
This look is clearly not appropriate for a fancy nighttime soirée, but for a holiday brunch with your gal pals or that awkward office mid-day cocktail hour, it is the perfect look!
While we’re at it, here are my 5 tips for surviving holiday parties:
1. Always bring a hostess gift. Whoever is throwing the party spent a lot of time and money to make it perfect so treat them with a little something to pay them back for a faboulous soirée.
2. Have a bite to eat before you arrive so that you don’t fill up on spinach artichoke dip and other heavy foods. I usually eat an apple with almond butter for a little protein.
3. Dress comfortably. It’s NOT cute when you’re pulling on your short skirt or re-adjusting your top every few seconds. Wear something that you can move around in.
4. Enjoy one holiday cocktail (think spiked hot chocolate!) but then switch to a drink with less fat and sugar like wine or my personal favorite: vodka, soda, with a splash of St. Germaine.
5. Let loose! We all work so hard, it’s ok to let loose once in a while. Kick up your feet, enjoy your friends, and have a cocktail or two.
Don’t forget, all of my holiday gift guide picks (plus more!) can be found on this Pinterest board. Keep an eye on it because I add new pieces every day.
And if you missed them. . .
Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
Holiday Gift Guide: Plaid
Holiday Gift Guide: Home
Holiday Gift Guide: For Men
Holiday Gift Guide: Blue & White
Shop the pieces from this post:
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post.
You’re adorable, Julia! Hope you’re enjoying the holiday season in Connecticut… It’s so charming! 🙂 Love this look, and that we have a mutual love for turtlenecks, hehe 🙂 xx
You are the cutest! Happy Holidays, Julia!
I have a giveaway going on the blog, I hope you’ll check it out:)
You look adorable!
What a cute necklace! You can never go wrong with bows!
XO Color Me Courtney