Earlier this month, when I asked for your feedback on what gift guides you wanted to see, a gifts for guys was at the top of the list… by far. I enlisted Anel’s help on this one. He’s very particular about his things and is a true loyalist with brands and products he loves. He doesn’t love to be surprised with gifts so I always ask for a list from him. Then I’ll give him one sentimental thing like a book of photos from the year or a framed photo of him with Amalia. Those are by far his favorite gifts to get.
But here are some other gift ideas that are either on his list (aka Airpods Pro) or things that he owns and loves (everything else).
1. Fjällräven backpack, $98. Not all backpacks are created equal. This one may look like any other backpack, but it’s full of little surprises. It’s durable yet lightweight and unassuming in design, exactly what Anel likes in a work bag. It has a side pouch for a water bottle and a small fleece-lined pocket on the top which is great for sunglasses or your iPhone so they don’t get ruined. On the inside, there is another padded compartment where Anel keeps his iPad (it also fits a laptop). It comes in 6 colors but the navy is my personal favorite.
2. Anel’s favorite organic cotton tee, $98. I bought him this henley from Faherty when I was in Nantucket over the summer. He loves to wear henleys on the weekends and I know Faherty is one of his favorite brands. He fell in love with the shirt and bought himself another color last week. When I asked him why he loves it so much, he said it’s because it makes him look so sexy… He’s not wrong!
3. “The only acceptable slippers for men,” $79. Anel and I have been wearing LL Bean’s Wicked Good Mocassins for years and he swears they’re the best because they’re warm but don’t look silly. Every 3-4 years we replace them with a new pair because we wear them every day in the house during the winter.
4. Bombas socks six-pack, $68. Somehow in our move, Anel lost a huge box of his “cozy socks”. If you know the guy, socks are his thing so it was mildly traumatizing for him. I bought him this eight-pack of Bombas socks to cheer him up and he is now, for lack of a better word, obsessed. He also wears their quarter socks to work. In fact, Bombas has a great gift guide on their site so you can pick your preference there.
Bombas also follows the Tom’s method of giving back and donates a pair of socks to homeless shelters around the country for every pair of sock purchased and have already donated over 25 million clothing items. You can read more about their commitment to giving back here.
5. Airpods Pro, $249. What is it with boys and their gadgets? Anel is an early adapter and always wants to be the first to get anything new and exciting. Airpods Pro are on his Christmas list this year. They’re just like regular Airpods but have a noise cancellation mode (great for train commutes and plane rides) and a transparency mode to let the outside sound in, allowing you to hear and connect to your surroundings. Outward- and inward-facing microphones enable AirPods Pro to undo the sound-isolating effect of the silicone tips so things sound and feel natural, like when you’re talking to people around you. They actually sound pretty cool!
6. lululemon joggers, $128. If I had to pick the most worn item in Anel’s closet, it would 100% be the lululemon ABC joggers. He was a brand ambassador for a long time and part of that role was to try out new products before they went live. The joggers were the biggest win in his book. He wears them on weekends even when we go out during the day because they look nice with a pair of Allbirds but feel like sweatpants. Last year we bought a pair for my dad and brother-in-law.
Transparency note: Anel gets a discount on lululemon product because of his ambassadorship.
7. Shinola Runwell watch, $550. Ok, this one is a major splurge but it’s a really beautiful made-in-the-USA watch with a classic design that will feel current for decades to come. I bought it for Anel last Christmas and he wears it almost every day. It’s a solid, well-made watch that doesn’t have the unnecessary price tag of a lot of fancier brands.
8. iPhone charger, $25. I gave him this as a stocking stuffer last year and it proved to be a great gift that he uses every day. I love the idea of elevated everyday items (like chargers) as gifts because y0u know people will get use out of and appreciate themIf he has an iWatch, this weighted charger ($49)is a great gift.
9. Teakwood & tobacco candle, $28. Real men burn candles. That’s all I have to say on the matter. Anel burns candles at his gym for ambiance and loves the manly yet subtle scent of this one.
10. Allbirds sneakers, $95. Anel loves Allbirds to the point where we had to cut him off from buying more. He has 5 pairs now and be both agree that they’re the most comfortable sneakers out there. I personally love them because you can wash them in the washing machine and wear them without socks. They look great with jeans or workout leggings. He wears his with everything.
Instead of a gift, the inLieu app allows you to donate any amount in someone else’s name. It would make a great gift for a guy who has everything.
Want more gift ideas? Check out more of my 2019 gift guides…