Maybe it’s the prego in me talking but I’m pretty sure I’ve never put anything in my mouth that tastes quite as good as these peppermint oreo balls. That’s what she said… Annnnddd I need to get out of my house, clearly.
Back to the #balls though. These make a super easy Christmas treat that you can make with (or without) your kids. I love peppermint chocolate-flavored anything and these really hit the spot for a sweet treat.
If you’re dairy-free, it’s easy to sub in a DF cream cheese for the filling and I promise no one will even know the difference.
Peppermint Oreo Balls Recipe
– 36 Oreos
– 8 oz, cream cheese (I used Kite Hill dairy-free cream cheese you would never have known)
– 16 oz, chocolate chips
– 1/2 tsp, peppermint extract
– Crushed candy canes
– Optional: White chocolate chips
1. Place the cream cheese and Oreos in a food processor and blend until combined well.
2. Scoop out about a tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll into 1″ balls. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 20-30 minutes, until hardened.
3. Melt the semisweet chocolate with peppermint extract in the microwave at 30-second increments, stirring between each one (or use a double-boiler if you’re fancy like that).
4. Once melted, dip each ball into the chocolate with a fork.
5. Roll in crushed candy canes and put the ball back on the parchment paper.
6. Optional: Drizzle with melted white chocolate chips.
7. Put them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
8. Enjoy and try not to eat the whole batch in one serving!
Photo by Julia Dags.