WHAT I’M READING & WATCHING
Little Monsters by Adrienne Brodeur: I finished this delightful book about a family living in Cape Cod, told from the perspectives of a sister, brother, father, and another mystery family member. They all have lots of deep buried secrets and it all twists and turns perfectly together. It’s well-written, smart, and sweet. I loved it!
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett: AP is one of my all-time favorite author so I was psyched to get into Tom Lake. But the first half didn’t pull me in the way her novels normally do. It took me over half of the book to really get into it but once I did, I couldn’t put it down. If you’re a Patchett fan, it’s worth a read, although not quite as riveting as her other books. My favorites are Bel Canto, The Dutch House, and Commonwealth if you want to start there.
TV Shows –
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Prime): I have somehow had almost no time for TV this month but I’m slowly getting to the end of TSITP and I am here to tell you that I’m team Jeremiah all the way. Hear me out… Of course she’s more in love with Conrad and he has her heart but she also loves Jere and in the end they are good friends, he makes her laugh, and treats her like a queen. He would make the best long-term partner IMO. It’s an unpopular opinion, I realize, but I married a Jeremiah and 11 years later I’m still so happy that I did! Anel and I were good friends first before anything got romantic and I really think that base of friendship helps a relationship so much.
5 THINGS I’M LOVING
1. AG Saige Crop Jeans (pictured above): When will I stop talking about these jeans? Maybe never. I haven’t worn a single other pair since I got them and I’m hooked. They’re great for the summer to fall transition because they’re a little shorter and they legitimately feel like sweatpants.
2. Knife Sharpener: We have a bunch of really fancy knives from our wedding (11 years ago) but they’ve gotten really dull over the years. I always mean to bring them to the knife sharpening booth at the farmer’s market but, alas, I always forget. Anel finally bought a knife sharpener that he had read good reviews about and OMG you guys. Our knives are like brand new! It has changed the cutting game, I didn’t realize how badly I needed this. And now we can just use it once or twice a year until the end of time. I’ll definitely be adding this to my holiday gift guide this year for anyone on my list who loves to cook.
3. Tangle Therapy: My therapist suggested getting a Tangle for when I’m feeling anxious or overwhelmed. It’s basically an adult fidget toy that has been scientifically proven to help with stress and anxiety and I’m here to report that it really does help! I also bought a Tangle Jr. for Amalia and she loves to hold onto hers before bed and when getting on the bus in the morning. It’s a smaller size and can fit into her hand perfectly.
4. Le Specs Hey Macarena Sunglasses: These round sunnies look way more expensive than their $69 price tag. I have been wearing them nonstop this summer and people are always shocked when I tell them the price. This brand has become a new favorite of mine because if something gets scuffed or dropped, I don’t feel guilty about it.
5. Harper Wilde Bralette: Last month I discovered Harper Wilde via an Instagram partnership and have become obsessed with their bras and bralettes. I’ve been wearing this one pretty much daily since I got it, and have since bought 2 more colors. It is so comfy and great for hanging out and working from home. It isn’t as tight as a sports bra so it doesn’t feel restrictive, but it still holds me up without underwire. Such a great find!
6. J.Crew Shrunken Cashmere Sweater (pictured above): I had to include a bonus favorite this month because this pink J.Crew sweater (which comes in many other colors) is the perfect fit, weight, and color. And whenever I wear it on IG, you guys go nuts! It’s a really good one.