I originally found this recipe on the Vitamix website. If you have a Vitamix, I recommend going there for ideas. There are hundreds of recipes! I have included my version of the soup below and a version if you don’t own a Vitamix as well.
4 cups vegetable broth
1 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes, with juice (1/2 reserved)
2 15 oz. cans chick peas, drained and rinsed (1/2 reserved)
1/2 cup chopped onions, sauteed for about 2 minutes
3 garlic cloves, sauteed for about 2 minutes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup parsley leaves (reserved)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (reserved)
salt and black pepper to taste
Directions with a Vitamix:
– Place all ingredients, except the reserved ingredients, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
– Select Variable 1.
– Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
– Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
– Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
– Add the remaining reserved ingredients through the lid plug opening.
– Blend for an additional 10 seconds
Directions without a Vitamix:
– Place all ingredients, except the reserved ingredients, into blend in the order listed and secure lid.
– Blend on high until smooth
– Remove top and add the remaining reserved ingredients
– Blend for an additional 20 seconds
– Heat soup in saucepan on medium/low heat for 15 minutes
Photo: ADz Photos