Spring and summer cocktails are often too sweet for my taste. This chamomile honey cocktdail hits the spot as it’s delightfully light and springy but not too sweet. I saw a similar cocktail on a menu recently and knew I had to recreate it at home.
It turned out even better than I expected! Try it out and let me know how you like it.
Chamomile Honey Cocktail Recipe
Makes 2 drinks
– 2 cups, boiling water
– 1 chamomile tea bag
– 2 tsp, honey
-2 oz, rye whiskey
– 1/2 oz, St. Germain liquor
– Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Steep chamomile tea for 5 minutes, then remove the tea bag and stir in honey. You will have extra tea leftover after making the two cocktails but it’s quite nice to have on hand.
2. Cool the tea completely in the fridge.
3. Stir the whiskey, St. Germain, tea, and lemon juice in a glass. Add ice.
4. Garnish with a lemon slice.
Photo by Julia Dags.