I promise you this is one of the easiest appetizers you can make but also so unbelievably tasty. It’s creamy and savory and sweet and satisfying and has you coming back for more and more.
I had something similar at a dinner party recently and literally could not walk away from this platter. The hostess told me she used this recipe which I tweaked slightly below.
This would make for a great holiday meal app but I would double or even triple it for a large group.
Sweet & Savory Goat Cheese Appetizer:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
– 8 oz soft goat cheese
– 1/2 cup fig jam
– 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
– 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
– 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme leaves
– 1 Tbs olive oil
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– Balsamic glaze, for garnish (optional)
– Crostini, bread, or crackers for serving
1. Spread the cheese out on a platter or plate.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the jam and vinegar over medium heat until bubbling, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Drizzle goat cheese with olive oil, followed by the jam mixture.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Top with chopped nuts.
7. Garnish with thyme leaves and balsamic glaze.
8. Serve with crostini, bread, or crackers.