Let me tell you a little bit about how my very Italian family does Thanksgiving. It’s 6 courses. We always eat lasagna BEFORE the Turkey. It’s totally over-the-top, wonderful, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
And yes, I chopped 5 inches off of my hair this weekend. Can’t decide if I love it or if I look like a suburban housewife.
My tips for Thanksgiving eating:
I suggest taking a digestive enzyme before the meal (you can get them at Whole Foods or any vitamin store), picking what you want to indulge on (a tiny slice of pumpkin and pecan pies or a larger slice of one), and drink lots of water before the meal. Definitely don’t skip breakfast or you’ll over-eat from the start of the meal.
My tips for Thanksgiving style:
1. Obviously it has to be comfortable enough for you to keep it on all day and night. A short skirt won’t do if you’re curling up on the couch for football.
2. It has to be flattering and forgiving enough for over-eating.
3. At family events, always try to be the best dressed person in the room. When awkward family competition comes into play, you’ll feel more confident if you look your best.
4. I spend Thanksgiving in Rhode Island every year, and it’s always freezing so dressing warmly is a necessity.
5. Get in the spirit with some extra flair! I usually opt for a few necklaces and holiday-themed colors. After all, you can officially start listening to holiday music on Thanksgiving.
For a little Thanksgiving treat, buy a classically-preppy Daniel Wellington watch for 15% off with the code holiday_lemonstripes at check out!
Shop the look here: