With Halloween looming and the holiday season quickly approaching, the busiest season is officially upon us. And I love it! I thrive with more work and more things going on so October is always a fun one for me. And bringing all of my favorite sweaters back into rotation is pretty fun too.
WHAT I’M READING & WATCHING
The Villa by Rachel Hawkins: I found this book buried in a drawer and decided to pick it up and read it one night. It’s a thriller set in Orvieto, Italy. Two friends, Chess and Emily, take a summer to visit an old (you guessed it) villa, filled with secrets. The house was the scene of the infamous murder of a rockstar in the ’70s and the women uncover what really happened that fateful night at the same time as we, as readers, read it from the perspective of the people who were there. It’s a good twisty thriller but not my favorite. Definitely a good vacation read but not my top rec lately.
Lady Tan’s Circle of Women By Lisa See: I love everything I’ve ever read by Lisa See, especially Snow Flower and the Secret Fan years ago. Inspired by the true story of a female physician in 15th Century China, her latest novel doesn’t disappoint either. I love when historical fiction teachers me about a time and place I don’t know a lot about while also pulling me into a story. I’m about 3/4 of the way through this book and cannot put it down.
TV Shows –
Live to 100: Secrets of the Blue Zones (Netflix): I haven’t had a lot of down time this month so I’m behind on my TV watching but Anel and I watched this docuseries and loved it. Dan Buettner travels to five different blue zones, areas where there are an abnormally large amount of centenarians living there, to show how people are eating, living, and loving in a way that makes them live longer. It was really fascinating and will make you think about your life choices (as I sit in front of a computer typing away, lol).
RHONY (Bravo): I just have to say that I’m LOVING this season of The Real Housewives of New York. Brynn is my number one new favorite housewife! Bravo fans, you get me.
5 THINGS I’M LOVING
1. Sezane Farrow Bag (pictured above): This bucket bag from one of my new favorite brands (full post about Sezane here!) has been my go-to purse for fall. It’s a great size, easy to carry as a cross-body, made in Italy from buttery-soft leather, and the optional (free!) monogram on the strap is a sweet little touch. I get so many compliments on this bag and love it so much! My other favorite from Sezane at the moment is this sweater. The gold buttons are everything.
2. Floraco Magnolia Mint Candle: I am thrilled to announce that I recently added Floraco as a vendor in the Lemon Stripes Market. Their Magnolia Mint candle is one of the most beautiful scents I’ve ever smelled. When it’s lit, it feels like I’m walking through a garden full of fresh mint. It somehow smells like nature and not at all fake or perfumey which is ideal for me. I recently met the founder of the brand too and she is lovely which made me love her produts even more.
3. Vitamix Blending Cup: I love our Vitamix Blender (the first big gift Anel ever bought me, 12 years ago!) but we really wanted more of a grab and go option without having to buy a whole new contraption. So I found this accessory that goes right on top of the Vitamix and basically turns it into a NutriBullet. You can blend and take your smoothie without having to clean an extra piece. Game changer!
4. Flaunt iPhone Case + Ring: Eva turned me onto these square phone cases that come in a million different colors and patterns. I bought the tortoise print for fall with a matching ring and I can’t believe I’ve lived for so long without a ring to hold my phone. It makes everything infinitely easier! The ring is the best $15 you’ll spend this month, I promise.
5. J.Crew Half-Zip Stretch Sweater: This cozy half-zip sweater is one of those pieces that will be your go-to until spring. It wears like a sweatshirt but looks like a sweater and couldn’t be softer or comfier. I have it in the acorn color but kind of love the neon yellow too. It’s also 30% off today!