I’m back with 5 random things this month and it’s my favorite one yet! All 5 of these products are awesome awesome awesome and I’m so happy to share them all with you because I have a feeling you’ll love at least one for yourself.
1. Shoppe Salt pure strap: This month’s post had to start with my Salt purse strap! It is my most asked-about item on Instagram and I haven’t taken it off of my favorite bag since I got it. I saw it on a woman at a restaurant last month and asked her about it and now that I have one, people stop me on the street every day to ask me about mine. It’s fun and unique and adds a pop of my favorite color to every outfit. Although apparently it’s not that unique and every mom in Brooklyn already has one. I have the thinner Holly strap in hot pink, but I love this one for fall.
2. Little Words Project bracelets: A friend of mine had on the cutest little bracelet on the other day and when I complimented her on it, she told me about Little Words Project, a company founded by women that is dedicated to building each other up. They make their bracelets to remind you to be kind to others and kind to yourself. I love their message and think the bracelets are so cute too! I bought the good vibes bracelet (in blue) the week before we moved because I felt like I needed some extra good vibes. Then I ended up buying the same one for a friend who is going through a tough transition too. Then I bought a strength bracelet for another friend who has been my rock during the last few months. It’s a perfect little pay-it-forward gift or something to treat yourself. I also love their collaboration with Ban.do (The yellow good mood bracelet is perfect). I’ve been wearing mine every day as a reminder to breathe in good vibes when I’m feeling stressed or anxious.
3. NamaMat kitchen mats: The same brand that makes our playmat (Little Nomad) came out with a kitchen mat that has gone viral and sells out every month. The founder, Liz, lives locally in Connecticut and sent me the NamaMat for our kitchen before they came out so that I could test it. Not only did I test it, but I also fell in love with it. It’s thick and squishy under your feet so washing dishes is a pleasure. It looks like a vintage rug to the point where I get DMs every single day asking where my blue kitchen rug is from. It comes in grey, beige, blue, or multi-color (limited sizes) and I plan to buy two grey mats for my mudroom and laundry room this fall. The best part is that the brand was started by a mom who wanted a better solution to ugly kitchen mats. She made her dream a reality and has become hugely successful in following her dream!
The questions I get asked most about it are if the dog’s nails make marks on it (no), if it peels at all (also no), and what size I have (30×72).
4. Veronica Beard jeans: Two weeks ago I was at a party and my friend Lauren (co-founder of Dudley Stephens and one of the most stylish people I know) was wearing the most perfect pair of high-waisted button-fly jeans with raw hems. When she told me they were marked down to $78 from $258, I bought them on the spot. They got lost in the move, but I found and wore them this weekend for the first time and they’re the most perfect ever! The wash is beautiful, they fit like a glove, and they are incredibly flattering. I went with my normal size and they were a little snug when I first put them on but after a series of squats in front of the mirror (anyone else do this?), they fit perfectly.
5. French Girl Organics Lumière Jasmin body oil: I bought this all-natural body oil from the goop store in Nantucket this summer, but have really gotten into using it daily since it’s cooled down in the last two weeks. It’s now sold out on goop (and Nordstrom) but I found it here. I put it on my arms and legs after the shower and it smells like heaven: clean and subtle jasmine that doesn’t overpower your senses. It goes on smoothly and your skin drinks it up so you aren’t oily for more than a few seconds. The oils are all plant-derived and sourced from a Seattle farm so you can feel good about where it comes from too. This was such a great find and it will continue to be part of my daily routine all winter.
Tell me one thing you’re loving this month!