Moving to the suburbs has forced us into a lot of new habits. One of the biggest changes that we’ve seen in this move is that we’re forced to cook a whole lot more. In Manhattan, every kind of food you could ever imagine was always available with the click of a button (pre-saved credit card info on Seamless didn’t help). Out here in the ‘burbs, delivery options are . . . well, lacking.
While my husband would be happy to order Chinese food every night, that’s not gonna fly in my house so I end up cooking almost every weeknight. Our new routine is that Anel grills a bunch of chicken, shrimp, steak, and vegetables on Sunday nights and I use them throughout the week paired with different sides and a gigantic salad.
Lately, this one has been on my dinner table on repeat. It involves a little bit of prep to cook the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes but if you do it once, you can use the cooked components all week-long! Scroll down for the full recipe.
You may have noticed the lovely serving-ware in which I served my fall salad. All of the pieces featured are from Mariposa’s String of Pearls collection (perfect for Connecticut, no?).
Mariposa is running a promotion on the entire collection. Talk about the perfect holiday gift for the hostesses in your life!
Mariposa’s String of Pearls Celebration
– Spend $100 on String of Pearls product and receive a free Pearled Individual Bowl ($44 retail value). Use coupon code SOP100.
The promos above are valid here and select Mariposa retailer partners from November 3 – 16, 2014, or while supplies last.
Fall Salad- Serves 2.
– 2 handfuls mixed greens
– 1 apple, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
– 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed, boiled for 8 minutes, salted
– 10 Brussels sprouts, halved and sautéed in olive oil, salt, and pepper until bright green
– Small handful toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
– 1 tblspn extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tspn apple cider vinegar
– 1 tspn Dijon mustard
– 1/2 tspn maple syrup
– Salt and pepper to taste
– In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients and add whatever is needed as you go
– Toss salad ingredients with dressing
– Serve and enjoy!
Thank you to Mariposa for sponsoring this post.