This mashed cauliflower recipe was inspired by a dish at Hu Kitchen, my current favorite healthy restaurant in New York for so many reasons (it also inspired these gluten free blondies). My husband and I both love mashed potatoes but try to stay away from so much starch on a regular basis (Thanksgiving not included of course!). This super easy, 5 ingredient recipe has been a life-saver.
It’s hard to feed someone on a Paleo diet, so interesting side dishes like this are a must. Try it! I guarantee you can’t mess it up and it will impress even the biggest potato-eaters you know.
The mashed cauliflower recipe below makes 4-6 servings.
– 1 head of organic cauliflower
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 4 tblspns extra virgin olive oil
– Lots of sea salt and black pepper
– Boil cauliflower in a large pot of water for 9 minutes
– Meanwhile, sautee garlic in 1 tblspn of olive oil
– Strain cauliflower
– Put cooked cauliflower, garlic, the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper into a blender or food processor