I’m so excited about today’s post! I’ve teamed up with my friend Ali of Inspiralized to bring you a healthy and deliciously easy recipe. Ali and I met through my work at Nourish but I’ve become dedicated to her blog and have made many of her recipes because they’re always good and I’m always craving pasta.
She does pasta with a. . . twist, you might say. It’s all made out of fresh vegetables! She’s so good, in fact, that she just came out with an entire cookbook full of her recipes!
If you don’t know what a spiralizer is, I suggest you start here. It’s basically a game-changing kitchen tool that turns vegetables into noodles, in seconds. If you’re a pasta person or love a hot bowl of ramen, spiralizing is for you. So basically, it’s for everyone.
Ali asked me for a list of all my favorite ingredients and then took it from there (Kale? Check. Ginger? Check. Miso? Check.). So without further ado, I’ll give her the floor.
“Hey guys! I’m Ali, the blogger over at Inspiralized, a food blog dedicated to cooking creatively, healthfully and deliciously with the spiralizer. Let me tell you why I’m so excited to be at Lemon Stripes today, sharing this recipe. While my adrenaline pumps in Williams Sonoma, my palms sweat and the room starts sweating at Bloomingdale’s. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to be more polished and invest more time in finding my own personal style. In this effort, I stumbled upon Lemon Stripes and I’ve been inspired by Julia ever since!
You’re going to love this recipe- it’s light, filling, jam-packed with nutrients and the miso-ginger carrot dressing is so delicious you could practically drink it.
Best part? It’ll help you fit into those adorable skinny jeans and feel ultra chic!
Zucchini Noodle White Bean, Cashew and Kale Salad with Miso-Ginger Carrot Dressing
For the dressing:
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 1.5 tablespoons miso
– 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1/2 medium carrot, chopped
– 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
For the salad:
– 1 cup canned white beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
– 2 packed cups chopped kale
– 3 medium zucchinis, Blade C, noodles trimmed
– 1/2 cup roughly crushed cashews
– Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and pulse until creamy.
– Taste and adjust to your preferences.
– Place the zucchini noodles, kale and white beans in a large mixing bowl and drizzle over with the dressing.
– Toss to combine and let sit for 10 minutes to let the kale and zucchini noodles soften.
– Toss thoroughly and divide into two bowls.
– Garnish with cashews
Oh my goodness!! I need a spiralizer immediately!!! This looks ridiculously good!
I definitely need to try the spiralizer! This recipe looks so delicious and healthy. I am a big fan of homemade salad dressing. Thanks for sharing, Ali and Julia! I’ll be sure to check out Inspiralized for more recipes.
I need a spiralizer right now!
Love it! You probably also know she joined IIN training program this year. I get her emails and I just love her recipes to life.