I think I could eat tacos every day and never get sick of them. There are just so many options and they are always so satisfying. The latest in my personal taco rotation are these buffalo chicken ones that pack a little punch and always deliver. My dad’s wife, Jenn, made a version of these when we were visiting for Memorial Day and I couldn’t stop thinking about them. I’ve since made them three times!
Whenever there is a buffalo chicken option on a menu (sandwich, wrap, taco, salad, you get the idea), I order it. And I have to say that this one truly slays you guys.
Make it for an easy weeknight dinner or serve it buffet-style for your next get together. I can pretty much guarantee people will come back for seconds… maybe even thirds!
– Use my slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe
– Alternately, shred a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and mix it with buffalo sauce (this dairy-free sauce is my personal favorite) and onion powder
– 8 oz sour cream
– 1 lime, juiced and zested
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1/4 tsp, salt
– Corn tortillas
– Shredded cabbage
– Fresh cilantro
– Chopped avocado
– Lime wedges
1. Make the chicken: Use my recipe or shred a rotisserie chicken and mix it with about 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce and 1 tsp of onion powder. Set aside.
2. Mix the crema: Combine the sour cream, lime juice and zest, garlic, and salt to make the lime crema
3. Heat up your tortillas (optional): I like to stick mine on a pan or the griddle for a few minutes before I make the tacos.
4. Assemble the tacos: Place chicken, avocado, cabbage, cheese (optional), crema, and a squeeze of lime in each tortilla
Photo by Julia Dags.