Memorial Day is just two weeks away and things seem to be looking up from this time last year. I’m hoping to host a little outdoor BBQ for some friends and neighbors if I can get my act together by then! If I do, we will 100% be serving this incredible dairy-free peanut butter pie that my amazing assistant, Nicolette, made for me when I was pregnant.
It’s made with tofu which I originally thought sounded odd for a dessert but you can’t taste it at all, and it is super rich, creamy, and delicious.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
– 16 oz, silken tofu
– 3/4 cup, peanut butter
– 1/2, cup honey
– 1/4 cup canola oil
– 1 tsp, vanilla
– 1/8 tsp, salt
– 1 9-inch pie shell, baked (a graham cracker crust would be even better but I couldn’t find one when we made it!)
– 1/2 cup, chocolate chips
1. In a blender, blend tofu, peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy.
2. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Pour mixture into the baked pie shell.
4. Decorate with more chocolate chips.
5. Freeze for at least an hour.
6. Before serving, let thaw for about 10 minutes.
Photo by Julia Dags.