Happy Halloween-Eve! If you’re looking for a perfectly fall-themed cocktail for this weekend’s festivities… or to get you through election night, I’ve got the perfect thing for you.
It’s been cold and rainy here for the last few days which makes me want to sip this cozy cocktail by a fire.
Old fashioneds are my favorite drink and I love trying spin-offs. This one is sweet but not too sweet, and tastes just like fall.
Maple Cider Old Fashioned
– 5 ounces bourbon
– 1 oz maple syrup
– 1 oz apple cider
– 5-6 dashes, orange bitters
– Orange peel and/or cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
1. Add bourbon, maple syrup, cider, and bitters to a cocktail shaker filled with ice
2. Shake well
3. Strain into a glass with ice (I like big ice cubes so we use this ice mold)
4. Garnish with an orange peel, cinnamon sticks, or both
5. Enjoy (responsibly)
Photo by Julia Dags.