I’m having an off couple of weeks. There is no real reason for this I’m just down and anxious and not feeling 100%. Then yesterday’s news of Roe v Wade being overturned threw me over the edge. I am feeling really sad and really angry today.
I had grand plans for some blog posts but can’t pull myself together to write them so instead, I’m sharing this beautiful vegan white chocolate tart because I think we could all use something beautiful and delicious to enjoy today.
My amazing assistant Nicolette (who should be a chef tbh) created this tart last week and I couldn’t stop eating it. It’s creamy but not heavy, flavorful but simple, and obviously gorgeous to look at.
I will 100% be making this for dinner parties this summer, topped with whatever fruit is in season. I also want to try it with some lime juice and lime zest for a key lime pie vibe next time.
Vegan White Chocolate Tart Recipe
Note that this has to be set in the fridge overnight so plan ahead accordingly.
– Pre-made graham cracker pie crust (or make your own if you’re really feeling up for it!)
– 1/2 can, full-fat coconut milk, use the thicker part, not the watery part
-1 1/2 cups, non-dairy white chocolate chips (You can find these at Whole Foods or on Amazon but if you don’t care about being DF, regular white chocolate chips are fine)
– 1 tbsp, maple syrup
– 1 tsp, vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp, coconut oil
– Whatever fruit you like (we used halved strawberries). I picture this with beautiful peaches and/or apricots in the summer
– Edible flowers (or non-edible and just pick them off. We used chamomile flowers because we had them on hand)
– Fresh mint leaves
– 1 tbs hemp seeds for texture
– Get creative!
1. Combine the coconut milk and white chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts, then remove from heat.
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
4. Cool the filling for 10-15 minutes, then pour it over the crust. It will look really liquidy but have no fear, it will set overnight!
5. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Right before serving, garnish with whatever toppings you like.
Photos by Julia Dags.