Because yesterday marked the unofficial end of summer, I decided to share my fall bucket list today! And then the weather gods decided to laugh in my face and give us a 90 degree day. I know everyone is really feeling their PSLs and “cozy sweaters” but I’ll take as much summer as I can get over here. I feel like no one is remembering our nine month winter last year. Guys… snow in April. I’m not making this up!
That said, I’ve gotten a lot of requests for fall outfit inspo, so I thought this skirt was the perfect place to start because it’s such a great transition piece. You can wear it on days like today with a white tee and a great necklace, and in a few months, pair it with black tights and a sweater like this one. I also love the plaid version which would be cute into the holiday season with a red top.
And although we’ve had a few cooler days, I’ll probably be in shorts and sundresses for at least another week or two. Who else is with me?
FALL BUCKET LIST
– A Saturday at Blue Hill Farm (rolled over from summer’s list)
– A family hike around Lake Mohegan with Boots (rolled over from summer’s list)
– Go apple picking with Amalia
– Take a family trip home to New Hampshire and visit the pumpkin patch while we’re there
– Open Anel’s new fitness studio!!!!
– Bake my paleo pumpkin bread
– Dress up as a family for Halloween
– Hire a professional organizer to truly declutter our home once and for all. Our attic and storage room are a hot mess.
– Send “thankful notes” around Thanksgiving, aka letters to friends and family letting them know that I’m thankful for them! (I read this on The Everygirl’s fall bucket list last year and loved the idea)
– Carve pumpkins for Halloween
– Decorate our front porch for fall with mums and a fall wreath
– Make (and eat) lots of soup like this hearty lentil soup recipe
What’s on your fall bucket list?
Photos by Julia Dags.