c/o Land’s End cardigan, skirt, and flats, Ray Ban sunglasses
I’m excited to be partnering with Lands’ End in celebration of Earth Day (which is today)! Now that my husband and I are talking about having children in the next few years, ensuring a beautiful planet with clean air to breath and oceans to swim in for their future is in the forefront of my mind more than it ever was before.
Last weekend we went to our favorite new local beach for a last-minute picnic (slash bottle of wine) to celebrate my husband’s birthday. There’s something kind of special about being on the beach in a cute little outfit like this one. I’m kind of obsessed with this cardigan. . . But if you really think about it there’s something kind of special about being on the beach in general. The blue water, the soft sand, the expansive sky. This planet is pretty incredible if you stop to appreciate it.
I’ve always been an avid recycler (at this point if you’re not, seriously what is your problem?), and I try to be conscious about how much gas I use, how much waste I produce, and obsessively filling my favorite water bottle instead of buying unnecessary plastic. In honor of Earth Day, I am making a commitment to make the world a greener place in a few easy steps.
How I am Lands’ Friendly:
1. By washing all of my clothes (except extra dirty whites) with cold water. I’ve gotten into the habit of using warm water which is totally unnecessary. They get just as clean and avoids having to heat the 15 or so gallons of water used per load.
2. When the weather is nice, I’ll drive my Prius to work instead of my bigger car which guzzles a whole lot more gas. I can drive to and from work every day (about 20 miles/day) in the Prius for almost 2 weeks without refilling the tank!
3. This spring and summer I plan to hit my local farmer’s market more often to ensure that I’m eating as much local and seasonal food as possible, reducing our carbon footprint (If you’re interested in this topic, check out this informative read on eating locally).
How Lands’ End is Lands’ Friendly:
1. The classic brand is celebrating planting their millionth tree with the National Forest Foundation this year (incredible!).
2. They also make a difference by re-using or recycling 90% of waste generated at their corporate center, which, as someone who works in an office can attest to, this is a really big deal.
3. All of their pant scraps from the hemming department are donated to charity to be sewed into blankets and other items. So cool!
Thank you to Lands’ End for sponsoring this post.
I love the pattern mixing in this outfit. I wouldn’t have though floral and stripes would look so great together!
I also recycle glass and paper, your sweater is really nice
I love this combination on you, so pretty! My building sadly doesn’t offer recycling, which I can’t believe in 2015, so I try to buy fewer things that will have to go in the trash.
Kristina does the Internets
Such a cute skirt!
ooh i love the pieces you chose… so fun! happy earth day! xo
This combination is fantastic! I have loved Lands End for their staples & have been pleasantly surprised with their more trendy pieces. Happy Earth Day!
Haute Child in the City
Love this post! I didn’t know all of that about Lands End, which makes me love them even more. Overall, Lands End is really on top of their game this season. Definitely the company to watch!
Love this post! It’s so great to hear what Lands’ End is doing for the environment. Thanks for sharing!
This combo works so well together, great photographs!:)
This is print mixing perfection! I can’t believe that skirt is from Lands End! Adorable. I have a great giveaway up on my blog, I hope you’ll check it out!
Wishes & Reality
I love your outfit and these photos are just beautiful, Julia! I found you on Instagram and have loved following you there, but this is my first trip to your blog! I’m excited to see more 🙂