For my birthday, Anel took a cooking class from the lovely Chef Karolina so for once he could cook dinner for me. Together, they made homemade arugula pasta. He told her that he wanted to combine all of my favorite ingredients: pasta, greens, and lemon. She came up with a hit!
It was so good, we (correction: he) made it twice last week. It’s simple and easy and perfect for summer.
– Cook 1 bag pasta with plenty of salt (brown rice, whole wheat or fresh)
– While pasta is cooking, finely chop two cloves of garlic
– Juice one lemon
– Wash 1 bunch baby arugula
– When pasta is done cooking, strain and put aside
– In a sautee pan, heat olive oil and the chopped garlic for a minute or 2
– Add the cooked pasta and pour lemon juice over it
– Stir all the ingredients for about a minute and add the washed arugula
– Cook for 30 more seconds and serve
It’s like a salad and pasta all together!