Muddy buddies but make it Christmas! This reindeer chow is cute to leave out for Rudolph on Christmas Eve, to bag up as little gifts, to serve at holiday get-togethers, or just to make and eat yourself because it’s SO good. I highly recommend you use Corn Chex for the ultimate crunch to chocolate ratio but any kind works.
Reindeer Chow Recipe
– 6 cups Corn Chex cereal
– 1 cup, chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup, creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
– 1 bag, Christmas M&Ms
– 2 cups, mini peanut butter cups
– 2 cups pretzels
– 1 cup, yogurt covered pretzels
– 1 cup, peanuts
– 1/2 cup, extra chocolate chips
– In a medium bowl, mix chocolate chips and peanut butter.
– Microwave for 30-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth.
– Place Chex in a large bowl
– Pour the chocolate mixture over the Chex and use a spatula to gently mix until completely coated.
– Pour the sugar/cocoa mix into a large bowl and mix in the chocolate-covered cereal until it’s coated.
– Spread the mixture on a sheet of parchment paper in a single layer
– Cool until it’s dry
– Combine the cereal, M&Ms, peanut butter cups, pretzels, peanuts, chocolate chips and any other toppings you want. I thought about adding mini marshmallows after we made this batch!
Photo by Julia Dags.