I just turned 28 so I have two years until I hit the big 3-0. Everyone tells me that being in your 30’s is a breeze compared to the insecurity and rapid intellectual and emotional growth that you have to deal with in your 20s. But before I become old(er) and wise, there are a few things that I want to do.
Inspired by my friend Hitha, here is my “30 before 30” list: 30 things that I want to accomplish before I turn 30. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress!
1. Make as much money/year from my business as I made in my last job.
2. Travel to Machu Picchu.
3. Watch all 3 Godfather movies (So embarrassed that I haven’t yet!)
4. Have my apartment featured on a design website/blog/magazine.
5. Learn to ski without being afraid to go down the mountain.
6. Host a formal dinner party.
7. Move out of Manhattan.
8. Get the Lemon Stripes Store featured in a major print magazine.
9. Reach 20K Instagram followers.
10. Take a cooking class . . . Or two.
11. Learn the entire Single Ladies dance. Inspired by my friend Laura who pulled this out at a wedding.
12. Buy myself a Chanel bag.
13. Go to a music festival (wait, am I too old for that now?)
14. Watch all 10 of these classic films (so far I’ve seen 2 out of 10!)
15. Take the Circle Line around Manhattan.
16. Throw a Lemon Stripes launch party.
17. Take a romantic tropical beach vacation with my husband.
18. Get hired to style a fashion shoot.
19. Create my own designs for the Lemon Stripes Store.
Learn how to play Poker. My husband taught me on 8/3/13. Now we practice and bet on things like doing the dishes for a week!
21. Spend an entire day in a bikini without feeling self-conscious.
22. Make a video for my blog.
23. Figure out how to not be scared of the dark (true story).
24. Add home decor products to the store.
25. Visit my bestie from college in New Orleans.
26. Get involved in a charity that I truly believe in.
27. Hire a full time employee for my business.
28. Go back to Bosnia to visit my husband’s family.
29. Fuck it, putting this on here because I can: Become a millionaire. A girl can dream!
30. Throw a bangin’ fancy shmancy party for my 30th birthday!
What a great list– love your honesty! You’re also one of the few New Yorkers I know of that would list moving out of Manhattan a a goal. Very refreshing!
Don’t leave Manhattan! Anyway, you know I highly endorse several of these items (Chanel bag and millionaire, what what!), and I’m dying to learn how to play poker and ski as well. Anytime you want to watch the Godfather trilogy, join our family! Us crazy Palepus do it every year. Love this list and can’t wait to see how it progresses!
Great post! I am just a few months shy of 30 and am working on a couple goals. I am trying to turn my blog into more of a business as well.
And you are never too old for a music festival! Although, you may prefer a city festival instead of one that involves camping! I am heading to Lolla this weekend, and people of all ages attend.
Best of luck with your list!
Love this list, Julia! You’re inspiring me to make my own! I can’t believe I’ll be in NYC when I’m turning the dirty 30!
love the list. looking forward to following along as you check these off!
You’ve inspired me to do a 50 before 50! 23 months to go… I’ve got some work to do. 🙂
You have some great goals and I surely think they can and will be achieved. I’m 28 as well and your blog post has inspired me to think of my own list!! Good Luck on completion. If you keep working as hard as you do, it will be a breeze!!
Love this! Definitely inspired to make my own. 🙂
I’ve done a 24 before 25 list and intend on doing something similar every year. I love your list!
I loved reading Hitha’s list and now yours! I’m definitely feeling inspired to make my own!
Where is your necklace from? I’m turning 27 this week and just got a very similar one as a birthday gift. Love it!
Love it! As two girls in our late 20s, we can totally relate. Live it up, lady! xo
I love this