I just turned 28 so I have two years until I hit the big 3-0. Everyone tells me that being in your 30’s is a breeze compared to the insecurity and rapid intellectual and emotional growth that you have to deal with in your 20s. But before I become old(er) and wise, there are a few things that I want to do.
Inspired by my friend Hitha, here is my “30 before 30” list: 30 things that I want to accomplish before I turn 30. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress!
1. Make as much money/year from my business as I made in my last job.
2. Travel to Machu Picchu.
3. Watch all 3 Godfather movies (So embarrassed that I haven’t yet!)
4. Have my apartment featured on a design website/blog/magazine.
5. Learn to ski without being afraid to go down the mountain.
6. Host a formal dinner party.
7. Move out of Manhattan.
8. Get the Lemon Stripes Store featured in a major print magazine.
9. Reach 20K Instagram followers.
10. Take a cooking class . . . Or two.
11. Learn the entire Single Ladies dance. Inspired by my friend Laura who pulled this out at a wedding.
12. Buy myself a Chanel bag.
13. Go to a music festival (wait, am I too old for that now?)
14. Watch all 10 of these classic films (so far I’ve seen 2 out of 10!)
15. Take the Circle Line around Manhattan.
16. Throw a Lemon Stripes launch party.
17. Take a romantic tropical beach vacation with my husband.
18. Get hired to style a fashion shoot.
19. Create my own designs for the Lemon Stripes Store.
Learn how to play Poker. My husband taught me on 8/3/13. Now we practice and bet on things like doing the dishes for a week!
21. Spend an entire day in a bikini without feeling self-conscious.
22. Make a video for my blog.
23. Figure out how to not be scared of the dark (true story).
24. Add home decor products to the store.
25. Visit my bestie from college in New Orleans.
26. Get involved in a charity that I truly believe in.
27. Hire a full time employee for my business.
28. Go back to Bosnia to visit my husband’s family.
29. Fuck it, putting this on here because I can: Become a millionaire. A girl can dream!
30. Throw a bangin’ fancy shmancy party for my 30th birthday!