I’m jumping on this train and playing the “5 Things” game. It’s been so fun reading what other bloggers have to say and it makes everyone seem more human, don’t you think? A few of my favorites have been Lynzy, Alison, Caitlin, Amanda, and Julie. I hope you enjoy my fun little facts below. Now I’m tagging Amanda, my new friend and fellow NYC blogger.
1. I have a tattoo. It’s really tiny on my right hip and says “sister” in Hindi. My sister and I got them after returning from a summer volunteering in India. Surprising right? People always look shocked when I tell them this little fact. Apparently I don’t look like the tatted up sort of girl.
2. I’m a lefty. I don’t think that this is that big of a deal but when my friends notice that I’m writing with my left hand they get offended that I never told them about it. Well, friends, there it is. I’m a lefty!
3. I am, what most would call, OCD. I clean my apartment every single day and cannot work/sleep/eat unless everything on my desk/nightstand/table is perfectly in a row, cleaned, and organized. If things are out of whack in my space, I get very anxious and have even had a panic attack from my apartment being too messy. Also, I shower (at least) 2x/day.
4. I went to High School in Italy. I grew up in a small New Hampshire town, but I spent my junior and senior years of High School at an international boarding school in Rome. I’m half Italian, minored in Italian language in college, and can still speak it conversationally today (kind of). My husband and I went on our honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast. Basically I love Italy and all things Italian, especially my family.
5. I have bad days too. Although I portray my life as all rainbows and green juice here on Lemon Stripes, that is far from the whole picture. Like everyone else, I have bad days. Sometimes really bad days. I have pretty severe anxiety, I cry at least once/week, I often wonder why I quit a high paying job to run a business that I know very little about, and I have struggled with insomnia for my entire life. To stay positive, I try to remember that I’m following my dreams. Nothing, especially not a good cry, is going to stop me!
<3 Great post Julia! I miss my IIN ambassador emails from you so I had to sign up to your blog!
This post is great!!!
Thank you Julia 😉
Glad you like it, Sandra 🙂
Wow! Thanks for sharing this, Julia! We have a lot in common 🙂 I too have a tattoo (small shooting star on left love handle – inspiring me to “shoot for the stars!”). And sometimes I wonder why I ventured out on my own, although I am following my dreams, it’s mighty challenging, especially when struggling with anxiety…
Founder, Tatiana’s Health and Wellness
Glad to hear I’m not alone in this!
You did the right thing. If you want a good read, try Inspired and Unstoppable by Tama Kieves. “You want more because you are more”. Keep up the good work, lady!
Awesome. I will check it out.
I’m a lefty too Julia! But, I feel like we probably already knew that about each other! Hey, bright side is you’ll never bump arms with a righty! 🙂
Hahah good point.
Suffering from anxiety was one of the five things I shared as well. It’s definitely an every day struggle. If you ever need to vent/chat/get out of your apartment, just let me know! We are practically neighbors after all! xo
I hear you girl! Glad to know I’m not alone in this 🙂
I love these little fun facts that bloggers post! I plan on doing something similar on my blog soon. 🙂 Seems like a lot of fun!
It is fun but definitely a little scary to share with the world.
Loved learning more about you! I’m a lefty too and it is funny how people are so weirded out when they realize it.
Right? What is that about?
I LOVED this, Julia!! So glad you jumped on the bandwagon! I’m a lefty, too 🙂
Loved reading more about you! Your hs experience in Italy sounds like it was amazing!
It was pretty awesome, I have to say.
I am a neat freak too and I don’t sleep much either…in fact I am writing this at 2:30 am……and you are absolutely correct to adopt a “glass half full” attitude. Mellowinv out a bit is the way to cope with the demannds of life. You have so many great things about you…you go girl! Fun to read more about you.
Catt in Ky
Thank you Catt, that’s so nice!
Now I love you even more!
“Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.”
Great quote. Thanks for sharing!