Last week, I was lucky enough to receive a box full of heaven from Blue Apron Meals, a super cool service that delivers all of the ingredients that you need to make 3 full healthy and delicious meals for two. Not only does the box come with everything down to the herbs, but it gives you easy to read directions for how to make each dish.
I thought it was too good to be true but now I’m obsessed. While using Blue Apron, I never had to think about dinner until I started cooking. I knew that each meal would be incredible and healthy, plus it allowed me to use ingredients that I wouldn’t usually use like lemongrass, fresh tarragon, and ponzu sauce.
Today I looked it up to see how much it would cost on a regular basis and it’s only $9.95 per person per meal. Score! I thought I’d share my favorite recipe from my box because you can make it at home too. It was so easy and SO tasty!
Chicken Paillard with Warm Potato Salad:
– 6 oz baby potatoes, cut in half
– 4 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
– 3-4 cornichons, minced
– 1 small bunch of basil, roughly chopped
– 1 clove garlic, minced to almost a paste
– 1 shallot, minced
– 1 bunch tarragon, chopped
– 1 stalk of celery, diced
– 1 tblspn red wine vinegar
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 lemon
– 1 tblspn dijon mustard
– 1 tblspn mayonnaise
– Place potatoes in a pot with plenty of salt
– Fill the pot with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch.
– Cover the pot and heat until boiling on high. When pot comes to a boil, uncover and continue to cook for about 10 minutes
– Drain and transfer to a bowl
– Meanwhile, prepare the produce as per above
– In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, shallot, garlic paste, basil, and red wine vinegar
– Drizzle in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper
– Pound each chicken breast with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy pan until about 1/4-inch thick
– Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in flour, tapping off any excess
– In a pan, heat some olive oil on medium-high, add the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through
– Add the cornichons, celery,tarragon, mayo, mustard, and juice of 1/2 of the lemon to the potatoes
– Drizzle in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper, mix well
– Divide the chicken, tomatoes, and potato salad between 2 plates