This week has been all over the place. After returning from my cousin’s funeral in Oregon on Monday night with a good dose of jet lag and more emotions than I knew how to handle, I had some major catch up to do. Tuesday was spent packing and shipping what felt like a million packages from the shop (A good problem to have, I’m not complaining!). I responded to the dozens of emails that had backed up and by Tuesday night finally felt back on track.
I had some fun events including a dinner with Kate Spade and Brad Goreski (such a sweetheart) and a much needed facial with my amazing friend and esthetician, Bonnie. Seriously if you live in New York, you have to check her out. She will transform your skin, guaranteed!
But enough about me. Procrastinate for a while today and enjoy these 7 links that made me smile, from pretty packaging to details about Olivia Pope’s wardrobe. Happy weekend!
1. Bri rounded up 8 pretty package designs that inspire me to update my packaging for the Lemon Stripes Store. I’m dying for the olive oil and sea salt to display in my kitchen. Those prescription beer bottles (above) would make an amazing Christmas gift too!
2. Scandal‘s costume designer talks about how she dresses Olivia Pope. I’m a huge fan of Scandal and covet Olivia’s entire wardrobe! In other news, 24 reasons why Olivia and Fitz are the hottest couple on TV. You’re welcome.
3. Miley Cyrus actually kills it by covering one of my favorite songs, Lana Del Rey’s Summertime Sadness at the Live Lounge. This girl never ceases to amaze me whether it’s crazy antics or showing off her incredible chops.
4. Things I need to buy right now: I mean, I just need this shirt. I have approx 8,000 plaid shirts but this one is so pretty right? Also these faux fur mittens are my new obsession. You all need this Elephant Match Strike. It’s the coolest and the cutest and my fave new arrival!
5. I’m obsessed with egg nog. I’m also lactose intolerant. Sad for me until they started making coconut and almond versions a few years ago. This holiday season, I plan to make my own. I found this recipe for homemade dairy free egg nog made with maple syrup that actually looks incredible. I also plan to try out this version with real sugar.
6. A couple is broadcasting all of their fights on Twitter. Ok I get that this is a cool/hipster social experiment but WTF are they thinking? Isn’t anything private anymore? Although it creeps me out, their points are completely relatable and kind of interesting to follow. In other news, if Anel and I published our fights on Twitter, you guys would laugh. They’re mostly about either washing dishes or how often he’s watching the Knicks. It’s funny to hear what other couples argue about. What are yours?
7. One World Trade is named the tallest building in the U.S. For the first time in 40 years, The Big Apple is home to the tallest building in the country. I heart NY!
Ohh that’s amazing. Love this!