I wanted to make a fun fall dessert one last time before we really start getting into peppermint bark territory. And to be honest, I’m sick of pumpkin.
I’ve made pumpkin bread, brownies, smoothies, and bread pudding and I’m all pumpkined out! In fact, I think this fall has been such a tough time with the hurricane, a busy work schedule, and settling back into life post-honeymoon, that I’m just ready for the holidays to look forward to.
Before we get there though, here is one last fantastic fall recipe that is incredibly simple, relatively healthy for a dessert, and quite delicious and comforting.
Apple Cinnamon Crumble
– 3 large apples, cored and cubed (I used Honeycrisp and did not peel them)
– 1/2 tspn cinnamon
– 1/2 tspn nutmeg
– 1/4 tspn pure vanilla extract
– 1 tblspn lemon juice
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
– 2 cups granola (I used Udi’s gluten free granola which also had raisins and cashews in it)
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Mix apples, spices, vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar in a large bowl until apples are evenly coated
– Pour apple mixture into loaf pan (I used a 9 x 5 x 2.5in one)
– In a separate bowl, mix granola and butter
– Pour granola mixture over apples
– Cover pan with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes
– Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes to brown the top
– Let cool and serve alone or with vanilla ice cream
I cant wait to make this! I have a bag of UDIs granola in the pantry now..so this is getting prepared for a fun friday dessert tonight! thanks for the great post