When we were sick in December, my neighbor brought me over a container full of her chicken pot pie soup. It was warm, comforting, flavorful, and everyone in the entire family loved it. I asked her for her recipe, which she told me is a mish-mosh of a few different recipes with some tweaks over the years.
I have since made it twice (with a few small changes) and I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s become Luca’s number one favorite meal! It takes about 20 minutes of active cooking which is made even easier if you use a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
– 2 tbsp, butter
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 2 large carrots, chopped
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2ish cups, shredded chicken (I used most of a rotisserie chicken)
– 1/4 cup, flour
– 4 cups, chicken broth
– 1/4 tsp, turmeric
– 1 cup, frozen peas
– 1 cup, frozen corn
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tsp, thyme
– Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Melt the butter in a large pot.
2. Sauté onion, carrots, and celery for about 5 minutes, until the onions are transluscent and fragrant.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Add the flour and cooked shredded chicken, stir, and cook all together for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add chicken broth and cook to let it thicken for 3-5 mins. If it’s still too liquidy, take a cup of the soup liquid out of the pot, mix it with more flour, and then add it back to the soup.
6. Add turmeric, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook for another 20-30 minutes.
7. Add the frozen peas and corn and let those cook for a few minutes more.
8. Top with parsley, serve with crusty bread, and enjoy!
Original recipe from my friend Emily.