I love how beautiful this dish looks plated and served family style. It’s great for any night of the week and it looks extra pretty on a holiday table!
CRANBERRY CHICKEN THIGHS
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs water
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the cranberries, brown sugar, and water. Set aside for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and season with salt, pepper, and dried rosemary.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, garlic, and onions, and give it a good stir. Add in the chicken and stir to combine. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned on the other side.
- Transfer chicken, extra marinade, lemon juice, broth, and the cranberries. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with rice or couscous. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges.