When I started working with a nutritionist after Luca was born, one of the biggest eye-openers for me was how much better I felt and how much less snacking I do during the day when I eat a bigger, protein-packed breakfast.
But mornings are a little chaotic since Anel leaves for work before the rest of us even wake up. It had been hard for me to figure out time to make and eat breakfast while feeding, consoling, dressing, playing with, and taking care of the kids.
But Carolyn shared an overnight oats recipe with me that I love. I was meh on overnight oats until this version and now I make it 2-3x/week. The best part about it is that it can be tweaked dozens of different ways using different toppings and mix-ins.
I’m sharing 5 of my personal favorites below. Enjoy!
Overnight Oats Recipe
Makes 2 Servings
– 1 cup, rolled oats
– 1 cup, milk of choice (I use oat)
– 1 cup, plain unsweetened yogurt (I use coconut milk yogurt, like Cocoyo)
– 2 tbs, chia seeds
– 2 scoops, collagen powder
– 1 tsp, maple syrup (for sweet versions only)
– 1 tsp, vanilla extract (for sweet versions only)
– Mix all ingredients in a large container and cover.
– Store the fridge and enjoy the next morning.
– Top with whatever you want!
Overnight Oats 5 Ways
– 2 tbsp, peanut butter (or almond butter)
– 1 tbsp, jam/jelly
– 1/4 cup, crushed peanuts
– 3-4 strawberries, halved
– 1 extra tsp, maple syrup or honey
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese:
– 1 soft boiled egg, halved
– 2 strips bacon/turkey bacon
– Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
– hot sauce (optional)
– sliced avocado (optional)
Lime in the Coconut:
Photos by Julia Dags.