Bring this bright and flavorful summer salad to a 4th of July party this weekend and get all of the compliments. It’s juicy, colorful, crunchy, tangy, and perfect for summer evenings.
If peaches aren’t your thing, here are some other ideas from the archives:
Easy chicken tortilla soup
The best summer salad
10-minute summer berry pie
Sesame quinoa slaw (one of my all-time favorites)
Green goddess basil couscous (this one is insane!)
Peach & Avocado Salad Recipe
– 3 cups spinach or butter lettuce, ripped or cut
– 2 ripe peaches, sliced
– 1 ripe avocado, salted and sliced
– 1/2 cup, crumbled feta or goat cheese
– 1/4 cup, chopped pecans (I like the candied ones from TJs)
– 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– 1/4 cup, olive oil
– 2 Tbs, red wine or champagne vinegar
– 1 Tbs, honey
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prep your produce: Chop lettuce, peaches, avocados, and pecans.
2. Mix the dressing: Use a blender or whisk to mix all dressing ingredients.
3. Assemble your salad: Mix it all up then top with the fresh basil.
Photo by Julia Dags.