Last night I whipped together this quick, fresh, easy, and bright summery salad. It was bursting with flavor and was so good that I had to share it as a simple supper today. This is my favorite kind of meal… one that tastes good and makes you feel good. The lettuce came from our garden and that made me excited for many garden-forward meals to come over the next few months.
Shrimp and Corn Salad Recipe:
– 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, uncooked
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
– 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
– 1 cup corn kernels, raw or cooked
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 2 big handfuls crunchy lettuce, chopped
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the shrimp and place on a large platter or cutting board, set aside.
- Mix the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half of the spice mixture on one side of the shrimp. Flip the shrimp and repeat on the other side.
- Squeeze lime juice over the shrimp.
- At this point we usually grill the shrimp for about 8 minutes with our grill set to 450°F. If you don’t want to grill you can sauté them in olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Make the salad dressing by whisking all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place all of your salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix in the dressing.
- Serve each plate of salad and top with shrimp.