If you follow any lifestyle/fashion blogs, have ever been on Pinterest, or have generally turned on a computer in the last year, you know that bar carts are all the craze right now. I’ve seen them styled in a lot of colorful and creative ways. When Target asked me to style they’re super affordable and chic bar cart for a collaboration with The Glitter Guide, I jumped to the challenge, setting it up for a holiday party.
Below are my 5 tips for styling your own bar cart at home. I’d love to hear your rules and ideas too!
1. Organize it: I like to create sections of the bar cart by using trays to separate bottles and decorative items by size or color.
2. Like top like bottom: Tie together the top and bottom sections with one shape or color. I love how the pom poms on the top of my bar match the gold sea urchin on the bottom. It creates a cohesiveness between the levels and brings it all together.
3. Think outside the bar: Who says that a bar cart has to hold only liquor and drink related materials? Dress it up with books, sparkle, and colorful bowls filled with your favorite fruit. I chose clementines because they are a favorite in my home this time of year.
4. Keep it clean: Try not to clutter it up with too many bottles or decorations. Bar cart’s aren’t that big so they end up looking really messy if everything is right up next to each other. I like to keep at least half of an inch between each bottle. This also helps ensure that there is no clanking noise that happens when anyone walks by it.
5. Make it YOU: Just because you saw that your favorite blogger filled her bar with only whiskey, that doesn’t mean that you need to go out and drop hundreds of dollars on a liquor that you don’t even like. I keep mine stocked with items that I’ll actually drink like St. Germain, a rye whiskey, and a few bottles of sparkling rosé in case there is ever a need to celebrate at the drop of a hat!
Photos by Rebecca Dale Photographry.
This bar cart is part of Target’s Threshold Collection. Threshold is an awesome line of stylish home goods created to inspire people to play with style and make their homes tastefully warm and welcoming. The collection features fresh patterns, higher-quality materials and artistic techniques found around the world to make each piece in the collection truly unique and new, just like this bar cart!
Decorate your bar with these fun accessories: