It’s officially been four weeks since I started using an anti-aging cream (read my two week update here and about how they earned Good Housekeeping’s Seal of Approval here), and I’m ready to share my final results!
Overall, I’ve been beyond impressed and felt zero self-consciousness snapping photos of my face for this post. Usually, I’d be worried about drooping skin, but I feel tighter and brighter, and therefore more confident!
As a reminder, I’m talking about Olay’s re-engineered Micro-Sculpting Cream which I’ve been testing out daily for the last month.
First, a little bit about the product itself…
Why it works
Anti-aging ingredients help accelerate the recovery of aged skin, stimulate collagen production, and aid in cell regeneration.
These are the ingredients that I was most excited about seeing in this particular cream:
- Carob seed extract: A new addition to the cream, this aids in skin repair and regeneration according to testing.
- Vitamin B3: Boosts cell turnover and maintains skin’s moisture barrier.
- Amino-Peptide: Helps decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant which protects against free radical damage.
- Vitamin B5: Soothes and moisturizes the skin
A note on the ingredients: Before I use any new beauty product, I run it through The Good Guide to check quality of ingredients. I was excited to see that this one received a rating of “good” (specifically 6.0), which is the exact same score that my old, 100% natural moisturizer received.
My results after 4 weeks
The first three are what I mentioned two weeks in, and I added two more.
- My skin is noticeably firmer. The droop I mentioned above is already slightly less and I’m not exaggerating at all! I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t experienced it for myself.
- My skin looks brighter. People keep telling me that my skin is glowing. Granted I’m pregnant, but no one said that specifically about my before I started using Micro-Sculpt
- I haven’t broken out. This was the most surprising result of all! I always assumed that having acne-prone skin meant I couldn’t use any anti-aging products. This cream isn’t heavy or greasy though, so I was hopeful when I first smoothed it on. Two weeks later and my breakouts have been kept at bay. Yipee!
- Diminishing wrinkles. Ok I don’t exactly have less wrinkles, but the ones that I did have are way less defined. I wouldn’t believe this if I hadn’t seen it for myself but my smile lines are seriously diminishing.
- More confidence. I feel more confident now that my skin looks tighter and younger. I know it sounds silly, but it’s true!
Update: A few of you were asking for before and after photos so I just added a little video to my Instagram stories! Check it out.
Thank you to Olay for sponsoring this post. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own.