A few weeks ago, I posted about the new Cupcakes + Cashmere fall line. I got some comments and emails saying that I shouldn’t post about products that I hadn’t yet seen in person as there were some concerns about the quality of the clothing. It was a good point, so I went out and picked up this Cupcakes + Cashmere plaid dress to test out for myself.
So scroll down for my honest assessment of the dress which I paired with a black monogrammed bucket bag, this crazy affordable hat, and suede booties (a staple in my fall wardrobe). The outfit as a whole, by the way, makes for the perfect fall brunch look!
I’ll start with the pro’s…
1. It has a super flattering cut which really slimmed me down
2. I love the short/sexy length (as did my husband) that doesn’t feel over the top or slutty because it’s loose, long sleeved and, well, plaid!
3. The black and white plaid feels very current
Followed by the cons…
1. The black slip shows on either side where the top layer slits a bit. I think that was probably on purpose but I’d prefer not to see it.
2. The shoulders were a little tight in my size so I suggest sizing up for this one
3. I actually liked the fabric of the plaid part but didn’t love the feel of the slip inside. I will definitely still wear it but would have preferred something a little higher end to the touch.
4. This was my fault but I should have unbuttoned the top button as it was pulling slightly
My overall take on the dress…
I love it! Although it’s not perfect, most pieces aren’t. I plan to wear it a lot this fall because it makes me feel beautiful while being insanely comfortable. I might replace the slip with another one but let’s be real, I probably won’t.
Shop my look: