Cupcakes + Cashmere plaid dress, David & Young hat, c/o Mark & Graham monogrammed bucket bag, Sam Edelman booties, c/o Brandy Pham bracelet, Love Always monogrammed necklace
A few weeks ago, I posted about the new Cupcakes + Cashmere fall line. I got some comments and emails saying that I shouldn’t post about products that I hadn’t yet seen in person as there were some concerns about the quality of the clothing. It was a good point, so I went out and picked up this Cupcakes + Cashmere plaid dress to test out for myself.
So scroll down for my honest assessment of the dress which I paired with a black monogrammed bucket bag, this crazy affordable hat, and suede booties (a staple in my fall wardrobe). The outfit as a whole, by the way, makes for the perfect fall brunch look!
I’ll start with the pro’s…
1. It has a super flattering cut which really slimmed me down
2. I love the short/sexy length (as did my husband) that doesn’t feel over the top or slutty because it’s loose, long sleeved and, well, plaid!
3. The black and white plaid feels very current
Followed by the cons…
1. The black slip shows on either side where the top layer slits a bit. I think that was probably on purpose but I’d prefer not to see it.
2. The shoulders were a little tight in my size so I suggest sizing up for this one
3. I actually liked the fabric of the plaid part but didn’t love the feel of the slip inside. I will definitely still wear it but would have preferred something a little higher end to the touch.
4. This was my fault but I should have unbuttoned the top button as it was pulling slightly
My overall take on the dress…
I love it! Although it’s not perfect, most pieces aren’t. I plan to wear it a lot this fall because it makes me feel beautiful while being insanely comfortable. I might replace the slip with another one but let’s be real, I probably won’t.
Shop my look:
Perfect outfit! Love that plaid dress because you can wear it in soo many ways!
I can see why this dress is your go-to piece for the fall. Love it.
Love that hat!
Alyssa | Glitter and Grey
You look beautiful
It’s a gorgeous dress! I need to check out the line, it looks awesome 🙂
This is such a cute look! I love how you styled this dress with a bucket bag and booties. And I’m loving the honest review! So refreshing!
Taffeta & Tulips
I remember seeing this dress and didn’t realize that there was a slip underneath, which I’m not a big fan of. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion!
Ellen | A Pop of Pink
Love the plaid dress!!! So chic for fall.
xx. The Coastal Confidence
Few can pull off something like that but u definitely can! Thanks for being honest in your review!
Perfect transitional dress because it’s plaid! Love the hat you added too!
While I think you styled the dress very well, for $110 I would expect a dress that was well made and made you look fabulous in it. This dress was neither. You are not supposed to see the slip. That as not an intentional design choice that was poor craftsmanship. (See the website – no slip in sight) . While I can commend them for aligning the lines in the front, the seams down the side (see your picture) are not aligned. The dress is way to short (especially down the side where the slip can be seen in your picture). I think concerns about the quality are spot on and I think you have not addressed them adequately in the post above.
Love your style,so charming,hot,sunshine