I recently made a big realization which led to a big change. As I mentioned last week, one of my goals this year is to feel more vibrant. My personal definition of feeling vibrant, FYI, is to be healthy, energetic, beautiful, and happy. I’ve started making decisions differently and have noticed things changing at a rapid pace.
I put together a 30 day challenge for you, me, and whoever wants to join. It’s easy and casual but packs a bigger punch than you may think. No one will be checking in on you except for you. Because of that, it’s helpful to have a checklist which is what I’ve created below. If you forget something or miss something one day, don’t beat yourself up. This is a gentle and loving activity, not something that is meant to stress you out. Remember that these activities are what work for me. You might have to change it around to fit your schedule, your life, and your needs.
– Start every morning (BEFORE checking my phone) by thinking of one thing that I am excited for in my day. Appreciate and feel grateful that it’s happening.
– Take probiotics and drink a mug of hot water with lemon to aid in digestion for the whole day.
– Dress myself in clothes that I feel great wearing, not an outfit to impress anyone else.
– Listen to upbeat, uplifting music as I get ready for work (aka Beyonce on repeat)
– Chew my food well and eat my meals slowly.
– Drink 1/2 of my body weight in ounces of water every day.
– Eat until I am not hungry, not until I am full.
– Take fish oil, spirulina, and a multi-vitamin every single day.
– Work out and sweat a minimum of 3 times/week.
– Say no to events and activities that I’m not interested in.
– Check Instagram less than 10 times/day (this will def be the hardest).
– Buy myself something sweet and special this month. It doesn’t have to be expensive! I’m having a 15% off sale at the Lemon Stripes Store through Valentine’s Day which is the perfect place to start!
– Take a step back and don’t get emotionally invested in final decisions that I don’t agree with.
– Focus on completing my to-do lists every single day.
– Leave work at work. Every day. At night, I won’t check my work email unless I am specifically asked to.
– Drink only 2 nights/week. When I do drink alcohol, do not have more than 2. It makes me feel terrible the next day and is not worth it.
– Before I fall asleep, think of one thing that I am grateful for and soak up that feeling.
– Don’t watch TV just to watch TV!
– Read something that feeds my soul (not a blog or book about work) for at least 30 minutes before bed.
– Ship orders from my shop 2x/week instead of 5x/week. Hello free time!
– Don’t skip date night. Make sure to schedule one week-night dinner date with my husband each week.
– Schedule at least one thing that I will look forward to all week.
– Call one good friend or extended family member each weekend and catch up on life.
– Do a face mask every Sunday night.
– Schedule one “me” activity each weekend this month: A massage, facial, mani/pedi, yoga class, etc.