Today marks our one year anniversary. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I walked down the aisle towards the man of my dreams and committed my life to him (ahh it’s still scary to say that outloud!). It has been a crazy year full of ups and downs, me quitting my job and starting a business, relatives passing away, and surviving 450 square feet together. People say marriage is hard and that is no lie, folks.
We’ve learned a lot along the way, that’s for sure. Check out our wedding photos here and our advice below.
1. Always listen to your partner and really hear what they are saying, even if they’re just telling you about their day or something that you don’t care about all that much.
2. If you want something, ask for it! I’m not shy when it comes to this and it has been a game changer. He’s not going to get up and vacuum just for the fun of it, but if I ask, he doesn’t mind doing it.
3. Date night! We try to have a date night every week where we get out of the house and spend some time together without computers or cell phones. It helps recharge our relationship on a weekly basis.
1. Communication is key. Talk about things that bother you instead of letting them build up.
2. Don’t go to bed angry. Resolve your issues before falling asleep or else they continue into the next day.
3. Don’t underestimate the little things. When I buy her flowers for no reason or clean the windows (she is OCD so this is an exciting thing for her), it makes her day. Those little things add up.
Congrats, you two! So amazing! Loved this post. Thank you for sharing! 🙂
great tips! Happy Anniversary!
Such great tips! As two married women, we certainly agree with all of these. Date night is such a wonderful thing, too. It’s important to find time in our busy lives for what matters most–each other. Happy anniversary!