I love an asian chicken salad and almost always order it when I see it on a menu. It’s easy to meal prep and make at home for a few days of lunch or for a side at dinner. It’s crunchy and flavorful and fills you up!
Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
– 1 cup, shredded chicken
– 1 cup, shredded romaine or butter lettuce
– 1/2 cup, green cabbage, shredded
– 1/2 cup, purple cabbage, shredded
– 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
– 1/4 cup, shelled edamame (I buy it frozen then heat it up)
– 1/4 cup, cilantro, roughly chopped
– 1/4 cup, scallion greens, chopped
– 1/2 cup, crispy wantons (store-bought)
– 2 Tbs, sesame seeds
– 3 Tbs, toasted sesame oil
– 2 Tbs, tamari or soy sauce
– 2 Tbs, rice vinegar
– 1 Tbs, olive oil
– 1 tsp, maple syrup or honey
– 1/2 tsp, fresh ginger, grated (I buy it in a jar)
– 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
– Black pepper to taste
1. Make the dressing: Shake up all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and set aside.
2. Prep your veg: Wash, chop, mince, and prep all the salad ingredients
3. Place everything besides the wontons and sesame seeds in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
4. Top with wontons and sesame seeds.
Photo by Julia Dags.