The viral TikTok Feta Pasta Bake recipe has been going around for a while now and has been reviewed everywhere from The Washington Post to The Cut to Buzzfeed. The recipe has become so popular, that it actually created a Feta shortage in Finland!
So I had to try it, obviously. I went into it with low expectations that were quickly exceeded. It takes about 5 minutes of prep time, has only a few ingredients, and is quite delicious considering the work that goes into it. Was it the best recipe I’ve ever tried? No. But it was pretty dang good! I’ll definitely be making it again.
Unfortunately, not many people share the amount of each ingredient in their Tik Tok videos, but I laid it all out for you! I added a few dried herbs because I found the flavor to be a bit flat before doing that. And be sure to save a cup of the pasta water in case it comes out too dry.
TikTok Feta & Tomato Baked Pasta
– 1 box, cherry or grape tomatoes
– 4 garlic cloves, whole
– 1 block, Greek feta cheese (sheep’s milk!)
– 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
– Black pepper to taste
– 1/2 tsp, dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp, dried parsley
– 1 box, short pasta (like shells, penne, or rotini)
– Large handful, fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place tomatoes and garlic in a baking pan and toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil and sea salt.
3. Place the block of feta in the middle of the tomatoes and top the whole thing with crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until the feta is slightly browned and the tomatoes are totally blistered.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to box instructions. Be sure to save 1 cup of the pasta water before you drain it!
6. Mix up the tomatoes, feta, and garlic with a fork (I also broke up the garlic with a garlic press) to form a sauce.
7. Stir the pasta into the sauce and add pasta water, a little at a time, as needed.
8. Top with torn basil and serve.
Who’s going to try it? Let me know if you do!