I’m not a big fan of cold salads during the fall/winter but a grain bowl with warm and comforting elements that also packs in greens and nutrients, like this one, is filling, warming, and hearty. The salty goat tangy goat cheese melts in your mouth and pairs perfectly with the nutty quinoa and sweet potatoes with a touch of sweetness from pear slices.
We have been eating this on repeat with grilled chicken or salmon on top for dinner.
Hearty Fall Grain Bowl
– 1 cup, cooked quinoa
– 2–3 large handfuls arugula
– 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
– 1 pear, sliced
– 1 roasted sweet potato, sliced or chopped
– Half of a red onion, diced
– 2 Tbs, dried cranberries
– 2 Tbs, walnuts or pecans
– 1/4 cup, crumbled feta or goat cheese
– 1/4 cup, olive oil
– 1/4 cup, fresh lemon juice
– 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 tsp, dijon mustard
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook your sweet potato and quinoa however you like to do it
2. Mix all grain bowl ingredients in a large bowl
3. Shake all dressing ingredients in a mason jar
4. Pour dressing over the grain bowl.
5. Top with extra protein if desired.
Photo by Julia Dags.