Last week we did a big recipe photo shoot (lots of good dishes coming your way!) and my amazing assistant who also helps with food styling for recipe posts brought these cookies for the kids as a little gift. It was so sweet and the kids loved them.
I asked for her recipe so we could recreate them together and was surprised that it was actually the greatest mom hack ever.
I can’t really call this a recipe since you can make it from a box but that’s where I am with baking these days. And that’s ok! If you wanted to make your own sugar cookie dough, I’m sure that would be even better.
Marbled Valentine Cookies
– 1 box, sugar cookie mix
– Pink food coloring (or a few drops of red)
– Heart-shaped cookie cutters
– Seasonal candy for decoration
1. Follow instructions on the box to make the cookie dough.
2. Once it’s mixed, divide it into two bowls. In one of the bowls, add food coloring to make it whatever shade of pink you like. Nicolette used a drop of red for the pretty light pink color you see here.
3. Pour the white batter and pink batter together and just barely mix them with a spoon to make the marbled effect.
4. Roll out the cookie dough with a rolling pin or mason jar.
5. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to shape the cookies (or just roll into balls and bake as circles).
6. Bake per the box instructions.
7. Top with colorful Vday candy and enjoy!
Photo by Julia Dags.