I love carving pumpkins in the fall. My sister and I used to do with our grandfather every year as kids and those memories are so happy for me. Amalia loves anything and everything Halloween-related with pumpkins and Jack-o-Lanterns high on the list.
She insisted on carving one early this year, so I of course had to make one of my favorite fall treats, toasted maple cinnamon pumpkin seeds! They take about 5 minutes of prep time and will make your entire house smell amazing as they bake.
– 2 cups (ish) pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
– 3 tbspn melted butter
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tbspn maple syrup
– Sugar for sprinkling (I use coconut palm sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Mix butter with cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup.
3. Pour over pumpkin seeds in a large bowl and toss to coat.
4. Spread pumpkin seed mixture on a cookie sheet in one layer
5. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping once or twice
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar
7. As soon as they cool, enjoy!