I’ve been seeing and reading about “the hun” (short for half-bun) for a few months now and finally decided to try it out for myself. It’s basically an updated version of the slicked-back half pony tail that I used to rock circa ’97. Everyone from J.Lo to the Olsen twins have been seen wearing this trend because of it’s message: I’m trying… but not that hard.
I went for loose waves and a hun that wasn’t piled directly on top of my head for a more casual look for a dinner at Terrain (again!) last week. I think it looked pretty cute paired with pops of pink in this Vineyard Vines tunic (size down, mine is an XS) and pink pumps.
In general, I think this look is made for women to be enjoyed by women. Both my husband and male coworker thought it looked ridiculous (Anel couldn’t stop laughing at me during dinner). What are your thoughts on the hun?
How to create the hun:
1. Pull the top 25% of your hair into your hands and twist into a bun.
2. Secure with a hair tie, then take 2 bobby pins and pin down the sides so it looks more natural
3. Take a thick curling iron and curl the hair that’s still down, creating loose waves.
4. Tousle the waves with your fingers
5. I have super thin hair, so I finish it with a volumizing spray (I LOVE this one)
Shop my look: